Major events coming up for Vinny:
(For more of Vinny's events click "Upcoming Meetings" at the top)
FIRST RACE ON THE 150SX GOES OK
28 June 2020
We went racing at Taupo Winter Series Round 1 on 28 June. We were there to do two things:
1. Check how the 150sx handled the racing.
- She did well and it looks like a good match for Vinny!
2. Check how Vinny handled getting back in to racing.
- Vinny had no intention to ride full on. He was there to see if he still wanted to race and to find out if he still tought it was fun. The answer to both these questions were YES! So we are back in to it. But it will take some time before he is ready to challenge for podiums.
WE WILL GO RACING!
12 June 2020
The virus is gone and the clubs are again providing their race plans. So we have had a look and decided on two series:
- Central HB Series
- Taupo Winter Series
There will most probably also be a championship or two. But we are really keen to get the 150sx dialed in so Vinny can be competitive in MX2 or MX3. He is not race fit so will take a few meetings before he is all go again. But that is fine. We are just happy to be back!!
PRACTICE RACING IS HAPPENING
13 May 2020
WE HAVE UPDATED OUR MX CALENDAR!!
THERE ARE PLACES WHERE YOU CAN GO RIDING THIS WEEKEND. PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE EVENT/PRACTICE ON THE CALENDAR AS THE ORGAINSERS STILL HAVE SOME RESTRICTIONS THAT HAVE SLIGHT DIFFERENCES.
ALSO CHECK THE TRAINING/PRACTICE TRACKS AS MANY OF THEM ARE OPENING THIS WEEKEND AND HAVE BRILLIANT FACILITIES! (THE LINK IS ON THE NZ MX CALENDAR PAGE)
At last a bike to race!!!
26 February 2020
A 2013 KTM 150sx is the latest of Vinny's weapons. You will see him at club events and TT/Flat Track Champs.
But who knows, he might find his mojo...
No racing to report
15 Deceember 2019
This would have been the year with least riding since Vinny was 6yo and we started on an air cooled 50cc KTM that had 3Hp.
There are a few reasons for that:
- We still had some bike issues and as we now only have one bike it clearly put a dent in the riding.
- Vinny had to come up with half the costs for anything related to his MX. And as dad did not pay it all it suddenly became real and he realised that this was not cheap!
- Last year at High School and a good Y13 result with UE was achieved. But it took some focus away from MX.
- And also now being a senior rider made a difference. As we still only had the 125cc KTM it was not ideal as a weapon.
But the plan is for a 150sx to enter the mix at some stage in 2020. And then who knows what happens. Until then...
Check out the 2020 NZ MX Calendar hot from the press!
13 September 2019
All the 2020 MX racing we know of is conveniently in one place for you!!
Click the pic to go there!
The NZ School Cross Country at Taikorea gave us a painful lesson!
6 September 2019
How hard can it be to ride XC? Well... we found out. Our knowledge was lacking and our preparations too. Next time...
Round 3 of Central HBMCC Club Series goes well for Vinny!
21 July 2019
Vinny likes racing in a cropped Corn Field! Everything went well... apart from our water blaster that refused to start!
Round 1 of Central HBMCC Club Series looks good until....
19 May 2019
A nice day for a natural terrain race. A little windy, but that did not worry the racers. Vinny fights hard for a win and is leading race 2 when...
Round 3 of HBMCC Magic Series
12 May 2019
Vinny is not a club member this year, so this was for fun and to test that we had sorted the bike
2019 NZ TT went well for Vinny on a borrowed bike!
5 - 6 May 2019
Vinny got problems already in practice, but thanks to Murray from Wairoa we still got a weekend of racing done!!
Final Tauranga School MX brings almost what we came for
8 March 2019
Rented ute with less space, 3am start and rain in Race 3 all played it's part. But we are OK with Vinny's racing on the day!
Central HB Club Day was a really good day for us!
20 January 2019
After no riding for 5 months this was just what we needed! A bike that ran smoothly, some tussles but no drama. Central HB Club days are always good!